Your membership is especially important as CHNC continues to work towards strengthening community health nursing as a specialty nursing focus. As well, as informed and active health care providers, CHNC membership facilitates your voice being heard as major decisions are being made about health care in Canada.
Don’t miss any of the benefits, privileges and opportunities of being a CHNC member!
- Access to Great Big News, CHNC’s quarterly electronic newsletter;
- Regular e-blasts with important news and updates for members;
- Reduced registration fees for CHNC’s annual conference;
- Access to other educational opportunities;
- Access to the members only areas on the website for community health nursing resources;
- Eligibility to apply or be nominated for CHNC bursaries and awards;
- Opportunity to represent CHNC on national committees, consultations, projects and forums;
- Opportunity to contribute to healthy public policy for Canadians;
- Opportunity to volunteer on CHNC Standing Committees such as Certification, Finance, Governance, Membership, Research & Public Policy or Standards and Competencies or on special ad hoc committees established by the Board;
- Your involvement in committees, boards and forums provides continuing education hours towards re-certification
- Access to current community health nursing and health care information;
- Networking with community health nursing colleagues across the country;
- Opportunity to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting and vote in elections;
- Opportunity to be elected to sit on the CHNC Board of Directors;
- And, for nurses with CNA Certification in Community Health Nursing CNA is providing four continuous learning hours per year for membership in your national specialty group. That means in your 5 year certification cycle you could earn 20 continuous learning hours, 20% of those required for recertification – just by being a member of CHNC!