Decriminalization of Personal Use of Psychoactive SubstancesCommunity Health Nurses of Canada has endorsed the position paper Decriminalization of Personal Use of Psychoactive Substances issued by the Canadian Public Health Association through our partnership in the Canadian Coalition for Public Health in the 21st Century.
Oral-Systemic Health Education for Non-Dental Healthcare Providers
CHNC Endorses Stop M2K Campaign
Community Health Nurses of Canada has endorsed the Stop Marketing to Kids Campaign. We join over 50 other organizations who share the goal of restricting all food and beverage marketing to Canadian children age 16 and younger.
The Stop Marketing to Kids (Stop M2K) Coalition was founded by the Heart and Stroke Foundation in collaboration with the Childhood Obesity Foundation in 2014. The website is hosted and maintained by the Heart and Stroke Foundation with support from the Childhood Obesity Foundation. Check out more background and how you can take action at http://stopmarketingtokids.ca/. Materials available in French at http://stopmarketingtokids.ca/fr/.
Application for Endorsement by Community Health Nurses of Canada
The Community Health Nurses of Canada (CHNC) will consider providing endorsement of position statements, non-therapeutic products; health or other services, public health or other campaigns, educational courses, research proposals (with completed ethics review); clinical books or guidelines, if the following conditions are met:
The endorsement requested must:
- be consistent with CHNC mission, vision, values, and strategic objectives, and policies (see www.chnc.ca ABOUT);
- preserve or promote trust in CHNC and the wider community health nursing profession;
- not undermine the public good and healthy public policy;
- maintain the credibility and effectiveness of the CHNC brand;
- preserve CHNC control over the corporate identity including use of the CHNC logo
- not attempt to influence CHNC policies and positions;
- not interfere with CHNC’s ability to choose its relationships with other individuals or organizations requesting endorsement or with which CHNC has a professional or funding relationship.