Plan to Attend: 12th Annual National CHNC Conference!
June 20-22, 2017 in Niagara, Ontario
Welcome to the 2016 Winter Edition of CHNC Great Big News!
Niagara Falls Wants to Welcome YOU!
The 12th annual National Community Health Nurses of Canada Conference:
Blueprint for Action: Building the Future
June 20-22, 2017 Niagara Falls, Ontario
- The host hotel, The Crowne Plaza is overlooking Niagara Falls and within walking distance to Niagara Falls and lots of shopping and entertainment.
- The Hospitality Committee is hard at work exploring activity options for conference delegates.
- The Program Committee will be reviewing abstracts, planning preconference workshops and drafting the preliminary program this winter.
- Confirmed key note speakers currently are:
- Dr. David Butler-Jones and Dr. Ruta Valaitis
CHNC Standing Committees
Membership The purpose of the Membership Standing Committee is to position the organization as an authoritative voice for community health nurses in Canada through mechanisms to support and enhance its membership in alignment with the current CHNC Strategic Plan.
- Administers the Award of Merit, the Barbara Mildon Certification Bursary and other awards/bursaries created; and
- Works with the Communications Officer to arrange membership promotional activities to increase the visibility and profile of CHNs.
- Joanne Macdonald, PEI (Co Chair )
- Ashley Nickles, AB (Co Chair )
- Anna Tumchewics, NT
- Laurie Columbus, ON
- Anne Whalen, NB
- Donna Jepsen, BC (new Chair)
- Maylene Fong, BC
- Morag Granger, SK (Board President)
- Darlene Taylor, BC
- Kristen Ringstad, BC
- Cynthia LaRoux, NL
- Michelle Johnson, MB
- Ann Manning, NL
- Joyce Fox, ON (Executive Director; ex-officio)
1916-2016: 100th Anniversary of Public Health Nursing in Manitoba Celebration in Brandon, Manitoba
CHNC Membership Renewal
DON’T FORGET TO RENEW your CHNC Membership for 2017. To avoid a lapse in membership and ensure uninterrupted access to all benefits mark your calendars to renew on-line before January 1. See CHNC Renew Membership page. If you have any questions about registration or encounter any issues when renewing, please contact CHNC ED Joyce Fox at email@example.com
Professional Development Opportunities
"Community Health Nurses: Leaders for a Healthy Canada”
BIENVENUE À L’ÉDITION D’HIVER DE 2016 DES GRANDES NOUVELLES DE L’IISCC!