Publié surFriday, 29 September, 2023
CNA seeking volunteers
Publié surFriday, 29 September, 2023
to review the Competency Framework Draft and provide feedback through a Survey (Apprx. 2 hrs) throughout all provinces. This includes nurses from any regulatory class and with varied areas of expertise. Preferred participation criteria is provided below, and it is preferred that volunteers meet one or more of the listed expertise and/or work experiences:
- Clinical Nurses Prescribers
- Including Nurse Practitioners and Authorized Nurse Prescribers
- Clinical Nurses (non-prescribing)
- Direct care role
- IPAC nurse role
- Nursing education expertise
- Development/implementation of nursing competencies
- AMS knowledge base, curriculum development
- Nursing policy expertise
- Nursing research expertise
- Specifically related to the development/evaluation of nursing competencies
CHNC CONFERENCE 2023
Publié surFriday, 4 August, 2023
CHNC Conference Toronto Ontario
The National Conference Planning Committee would like your help in supporting the planning for the CHNC National Conference in 2024, April 22-24, 2024, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The theme of the conference is Community Health Nursing: Health for All. The Conference will be in Toronto on the campus of University of Toronto, The Hart House. The National Conference Committee has been working to start planning for this event. The co chairs for the National Conference Planning Committee, Karen Curry, and Cindy Baker- Barill look forward to working with CHNC members to ensure a successful in person conference in 2024. There are a few committees that need your input and ideas to ensure the conference has broad reach and addressed the concerns of all domains of practice in community health. If you are interested in participating in conference planning, please contact Karen Curry firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Abstract preparation
· Keynote presentations
· Program Planning
· Pre-Conference Planning
Contact with local, provincial, and national sponsors.
· Developing communication tools to promote the conference and abstract submissions.
· Work with CHNIG re Ontario social media promotion via CHNIG
· CHNC Communications committee member support
· Ontario CHNC members, mainly
· Welcome event planning.
· Registration Desk volunteers
· Offsite event planning
Register for the upcoming webinar with Dr. Claire Betker
Publié surFriday, 26 May, 2023
- Discuss how health inequities exposed during the pandemic contributed to poor population health outcomes and moral distress in CHNs
- Discuss system transformation and opportunities for positive disruption
- Explore the distribution of power and its influence on system transformation
- Learn approaches, levers and strategies to influence systems to advance health equity
- Identify community organizations and partners to work with in system transformation.
CHNC Annual General Meeting
Publié surWednesday, 24 May, 2023
- To receive the financial statements of the Association for the period ended December 31, 2022 together with the report of the public accountant thereon;
- To elect directors to the Board of Directors of the Association;
- To appoint a public accountant for engagement review for the Association for the financial year 2023;
- To receive reports from the Board of Directors of the Association;
- To transact other business as may properly be brought before the meeting.
Please note, you must be able to log into the online platform (computer, smartphone/tablet app) to cast votes at the meeting.
Next CHNC Webinar: May 23 - It's Time to Talk: Increasing HPV Awareness and Prevention with your Patients
Publié surFriday, 12 May, 2023
CHNC is pleased to announce another webinar in our 2023-2024 CHNC Professional Development Webinar Series!
The next webinar is part of a series of three webinars that will specifically focus on Vaccines Across the Lifespan. The webinars will be recorded and posted on the CHNC YouTube site for those who are unable to attend. There is no charge to attend the webinars and all are welcome to join!
Title of Webinar: It's Time to Talk: Increasing HPV Awareness and Prevention with your Patients
Date: Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Time: 12-1 pm ET (9-10 am PT; 10-11 am MT; 11 am - 12 pm CT; 1-2 pm AT)
To register for this webinar, click here.
Learning objectives for this webinar:
1. Provide an overview of HPV and recent trends in HPV diseases including head and neck cancer
2. Review HPV public programs in Canada
3. Discuss the value of adult HPV immunization, including males
4. Discuss NACI recommendations and Medical Society position statements on HPV prevention
5. Explore practical tips on how to initiate discussions on HPV diseases and prevention
Presenter Bio: Nancy Durand, MDCM, FRCSC
Dr. Durand is an Associate Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Toronto in Canada. She received her medical degree from McGill University in Montreal, Canada and completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at McGill University. She is on staff at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in Toronto, Canada in the department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Her clinical practice focuses on HPV and colposcopy. She speaks nationally and internationally about Human Papilloma Virus and HPV vaccination.This webinar has been generously supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Pfizer, Merck, and Sanofi.