October/November CHNs Stepping Up
Publié surTuesday, 8 November, 2022
Latest Edition: CHNs Stepping Up
Publié surSunday, 2 October, 2022
Commemorating the 2nd National Day of Truth and Reconciliation
Publié surFriday, 30 September, 2022
August's CHNs Stepping Up: Nursing Stories from the Communities
Publié surWednesday, 31 August, 2022
Research Opportunity: Pandemic Planning for Primary Care
Publié surFriday, 12 August, 2022
July's CHNs Stepping Up: Nursing Stories from the Communities
Publié surFriday, 22 July, 2022
CHNs Stepping Up: Nursing Stories from the Communities
Dear CHNC member,
Publié surFriday, 24 June, 2022
We are delighted to launch a new initiative titled CHNs Stepping Up: Nursing Stories from the Communities. These stories will showcase the work of community health nurses across the country. In congruence with the 3R theme of the CHNC2022 Conference, the stories convey the important and meaningful work that the featured CHN does in a responsive, reflective and resilient way. The aim is to launch at least one story a month for the next little while. Our very first Stepping Up article features Benedicte Franquien from Nova Scotia. Click here to read Bene's story.
If you have suggestions for CHNC members to be featured, particularly those who provide direct client service, please contact email@example.com. We are especially looking for CHNs from MN, NB, PEI, Qu, NWT, Nunavut, and Yukon.
Thank you for your ongoing dedication to community health nursing. Take care.
Reminder: CHNC Awards -- Applications due June 30
Publié surWednesday, 22 June, 2022
Notice of Meeting: CHNC Annual Meeting of Members
Publié surWednesday, 22 June, 2022
- To receive the financial statements of the Association for the period ended December 31, 2021 together with the report of the public accountant thereon;
- To elect directors to the Board of Directors of the Association;
- To appoint a public accountant for engagement review for the Association for the financial year 2022;
- To receive reports from the Board of Directors of the Association;
- To transact other business as may properly be brought before the meeting.
Please note, you must be able to log into the online platform (computer, smartphone/tablet app) to cast votes at the meeting.
CHNC Webinar Series: Health Inequities and Moral Distress Among Community Health Nurses During the Pandemic
Publié surThursday, 5 May, 2022
The purpose of the one hour webinars is to advance community health nursing practice in Canada, provide an opportunity for CHNs to network being that the National Conference was postponed in 2020 and 2021, increase the profile of the innovative, evidence-based, adaptable work that CHNs are doing in Canada during the enduring pandemic, and provide a lead up to the entirely virtual National CHNC Conference in June 2022 (registration now open!). Presenters will have the opportunity to share their work followed by time for questions. The webinars will be recorded and posted on YouTube for those who are unable to attend but would like the information. There is no charge to attend the sessions.
Please join us for our next webinar:
- Ruth Schofield, Co-Principal Investigator (ethics approval)
- Dr. Catherine Baxter (Brandon University and member of the CHNC Leadership Standing Committee) from Brandon University
- Claire Betker (NCCDH and Member of Leadership SC)
- Leadership Standing Committee Members: Francoise Filion, Genevieve Currie, Mary-Ann Taylor, Morag Granger, May Tao, & Patti Gauley